The Boys & Girls Club of Ottawa has served the Ottawa community for 85 years, reaching out to 4,500 children and youth each year through after-school, weekend and summer programs that build self-esteem and help to develop stronger social skills.
After-school and weekend hours are a critical time for youth. That time can represent either an opportunity to learn and grow, through quality after-school programs, or a time of risk to youth’s health and safety.
The after-school hours are the peak time for juvenile crime and risky behaviors such as alcohol and drug use. Experts agree that after-school programs offer a healthy and positive alternative. These programs keep kids safe, improve academic achievement and help relieve the stresses on today’s working families. They can serve as important youth violence prevention and intervention strategies.Top Club Facts:
Leader in After-School Programs
- 4 facilities and 9 program locations
- 4,500 Kids (aged 6-18)
- Trained Youth Workers
- Serving the Ottawa community since 1923
- $55,000 in Academic Scholarships per Year
- We inspire kids to believe and achieve
- Charitable Registration #118814565 RR0001
- Exceptional meal and festivities